Steve Brown, LUTCF
PresidentSteve entered the insurance business in 1975 as a life and health insurance agent. After securing his property and casualty insurance license, he moved to Vidalia, GA in 1982 to establish the Stephen Brown Insurance Agency, a life, auto, and property agency, which concentrated on superior customer service. Realizing he could best serve his clients by offering customized insurance programs from a variety of insurance companies, Steve purchased the G.H. Gibson Agency, an agency that served the Vidalia/Toombs County area since the 1950’s. The name was later changed to Brown Insurance Group.
Steve continues to be very active in the insurance industry as well as community affairs.
* Serves on Southeast Region committee for GA Insurance Commissioner, Ralph Hudgens
* Received NAIFA’s Life Underwriter Training Council Fellowship (LUTCF) designation in 1990
* Received the Certified Long Term Care Advisor (CLTCA) designation in 2001
* Member and past President of Vidalia Kiwanis Club
* Member and previous officer of Toombs-Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
* 1997 Graduate of “Leadership Toombs”
* Vidalia’s Citizen of the Year in 1999
* Toombs County Commissioner 2006-2010
* Member and Deacon at Vidalia First Baptist Church
Blake Brown, CIC, AAI, CWCA
Vice PresidentBlake began his insurance career interning for a local insurance agency while attending Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, GA. It was during that time he obtained both his Property & Casualty and Life & Health insurance licenses. After graduation, he married his high school sweet-heart, Sara, and moved to Macon, GA. While in Macon he worked for one of the oldest agencies in Middle Georgia, which specializes in the commercial insurance field. After a couple of years of service to the Macon area, he and his wife decided to move back to “sweet” Vidalia where they are both originally from. He is a third generation insurance agent. Blake and his wife have two sons.
Some of Blake’s affiliations, credentials and hobbies include:
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Certified Workers Compensation Advisor (CWCA)
- Member and Deacon at Lyons First Baptist Church and past Finance Committee Chairman
- Past President of the Vidalia Kiwanis Club
- Eagle Scout and past Chairman for Boy Scout Troop 933
- Holds the “Accredited Advisor in Insurance” designation
- 2014 graduate of Leadership Toombs-Montgomery
- Serves on Board of Directors for Toombs-Montgomery Chamber of Commerce
- Enjoys anything outside, cooking and eating, camping, and most importantly spending time with his family
Carley Durrence, CISR
Agent / Commercial Lines CSR
Carley joined Brown Insurance Group in 2015. She is a graduate of Vidalia High School and Southeastern Technical College. Carley holds property and casualty licenses in the state of Georgia and is a Certified Insurance Service Representative.
Carley is an active member of the Rehoboth Missionary Baptist Church .
Renee Grimsley, CISR
Agent / Personal Lines CSRRenee joined Brown Insurance Group in 1991. She is a graduate of Jeff Davis High School and Southeastern Technical College.
She holds the Certified Insurance Service Representative designation and is a licensed personal lines agent in the state of Georgia.
Personal Lines CSRChristina joined Brown Insurance Group in 2017 and is licensed in property and casualty insurance. She is a graduate of Vidalia High School. Christina is very family oriented and is a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church.